UNI Europa, the European services workers’ union, is recruiting a Chief Accountant.
The Chief Accountant oversees the financial administration of UNI Europa. He/ she advises and supports the Regional Secretary in this field of work.
The Chief Accountant acts with a high degree of independent judgement as well as with a strong sense of organisation, priorities, deadlines for closings and with concern for quality, efficiency, accuracy and cost awareness. He/she deals with confidential and sensitive matters.
Tasks and responsibilities comprise in particular:
- To prepare timely and accurate reports and maintain reliable financial records;
- To manage UNI Europa ’s cashflow;
- To develop and implement financial and accounting policies, procedures and practices, including the administration of the financial system;
- To support the development of project budgets, maintain accounting of donor-funded projects, support project management and prepare project financial reports (especially EU-funded projects);
- To develop annual budgets in close cooperation with the Regional Secretary;
- To monitor expenditure versus budget, financial transactions, projects and payroll administration in compliance with donor procedures, UNI Europa procedures, and accounting rules;
- To provide analysis and modelling to support decision-making;
- To coordinate internal and external audits, respond to audit verification and inquiries, and recommend corrective management actions;
- Qualified accountant or other relevant professional qualification;
- At least 7 years’ professional experience in accounting and/ or financial field;
- A strong sense of organisation, priorities, deadlines for closings;
- Concern for quality, efficiency, accuracy and cost awareness;
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a team;
- A strong sense of integrity;
- Experience in EU project reporting;
- An excellent command of French; good knowledge of English and Dutch;
UNI Europa offers attractive conditions with a competitive salary and an attractive package of fringe benefits in line with seniority and work experience. This includes complementary hospital insurance, complementary pension scheme and meal vouchers.
The successful candidate will be based in Brussels/Belgium.
Match criteria: Legal, Recruitment & HR, Business Supplies and Equipment, Research, Consulting, Accounting, Controller, Treasury, 24 hours, Outside the Netherlands, Non
Company name: Stepstone NL –