Working for Rousselot / Darling lngredients
means working for an ambitious industry leader in an entrepreneurial and no-nonsense industrial environment where ‘best in class’ is the standard. lf you can make a difference in the development and growth of our company, choose Rousselot / Darling lngredients for a challenging career.
The Business Development (BD) Manager is responsible for the launch, follow-up and sales (i.e. business development activities) of innovations in the premium biomedical area and other pharmaceutical or high-tech applications, developed by the Rousselot R&D department. The BD Manager is part of the commercial staff of Rousselot, which consists of sales, business development, technical support, supply chain and marketing.
The BD Manager is responsible to realize and follow-up the business development objectives in the biomedical area and other pharmaceutical or high-tech applications, together with the Business Development Director, R&D team and Marketing. You do so by executing the business development strategy and implementation of this strategy into action plans and by identifying, launching and selling profitable gelatin based technologies and products in biomedical markets, such as regenerative medicine field, injectables and hemostatics, as well as other pharmaceutical or high-tech applications that may be identified.
Financial targets exceeding the budget
- Continuously identify new opportunities, using RLT technologies and products.
- Generate profitable (customer) projects and sell or out license RLT technologies/products.
- Negotiate new development, license, and supply agreements to achieve agreed objectives.
- Build relationships with customers and partners
- Navigate corporate structures to interface with DMU at targeted prospects/customers.
- Select, organize and actively participate in relevant trade shows and conferences.
Up to date BD strategy/plan and execution
- Help to execute RLT BD strategy/plans
- Continuously update development portfolio.
- Improve selection and portfolio management.
Effective internal coordination and communication
- Work closely, coordinate and generate support with R&D and other relevant departments.
- Maintain open communication/working relationship.
- Actively participate in stage gate meetings.
- Prepare periodic reviews, reports, presentations.
- Business development/sales experience in the pharmaceutical or (bio)medical industry is required.
- Background in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biomedical Sciences or related is preferred.
- A proven track record within a similar position.
- Willingness to travel 30% of the time in Europe and overseas. Overseas trips may require travel during weekends.
- Entrepreneurship, analytical capacity, results focused, cultivating & maintaining relationships and persuasion & influence.
- Working in a people-oriented, international and dynamic culture.
- International experience and exposure, due to the multitude of contacts with people in our business units, with different cultures all over the world.
- Development of personal skills and knowledge, due to a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities.
- Training and education programs as deemed relevant for further development.
- Independence and the opportunity to initiate or participate in advisory projects for implementing solutions in close cooperation with key stakeholders.
Match criteria: Production, Medical Practice, Research, Researcher, Health Care Provider, Sales representative, Neuroscientist, Analyst chemistry, Product management, 40 hours, Outside the Netherlands, Non
Company name: Stepstone NL –