In this new role for Smit & zoon, you will be supporting our global Product Development team in realizing their goals with growth and ambition.
In this interesting position, we are looking for an experienced D-teamleader who will be responsible for leading our Product Development team in bringing new, innovative solutions to the market.
Do you have a Bachelors or Masters degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering and at least 5 years of experience in a similar role preferably within the leather industry?
Then keep on reading!
Where? At Smit & zoon Amersfoort, a known player in the development of chemical raw materials for the leather industry.
Fulltime | Amersfoort
As D-Teamleader, you are initiating, executing and monitoring company-wide projects leading to new sustainable products.
You will optimize production processes as well as efficient raw material usage.
You are a leader and are able to inspire a global team for product development and plant support, with the aim to bring new innovative solutions to the market in order to make the leather value chain more sustainable.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- You make sure that all projects are in line with the company policy and the Stage Gate process. All projects will run effectively and efficiently, with optimal use of available resources.
- You lead the Global Product Development team through coaching and support. You make sure that there is an adequate work environment, optimal personal planning, and competent employees to safeguard the long-term company goals.
- You initiate and make sure that there is sufficient know-how within the company that is both up-to-date and accessible in regards to available raw materials, processes, techniques, technologies, and trends in order to keep up with renewal of sustainable products and process innovation.
- You stimulate and facilitate in the progression of self-managing teams and / or scrum-like team forms.
- Monitoring of the quality of our products to ensure that the entire range meets quality norms that are in line with Smit & zoon’s sustainability ambition as well as being in full compliance with international regulations;
You will report directly to the R&D director. Your team consists of 6 employees.
- You have a Bachelors or Masters degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering;
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role in the leather industry or comparable (coating, emulsion chemistry, colloid chemistry or polymer chemistry);
- You have experience in formulating and suspension chemistry as well as in applied physics;
- Strong affinity for production processes;
- You are capable of being a speaking partner for industry peers as well as for specialists within the team;
- A motivator that can stimulate the team to go the extra mile and be persistent;
- You feel comfortable all over the world, you have great communication skills and strong project management skills;
- You are willing to travel internationally.
We offer you
A great job at a leading internationally operating family-owned business with excellent working conditions: a good salary and great employee benefits such as a 13th month salary and a variable bonus. Smit & zoon also offers excellent training and personal development opportunities.
The family-owned company Smit & zoon, founded in 1821, develops and produces chemical specialties for making leather. We market our products to tanneries all over the world, which, in turn, use our products to make leather for well-known brands of bags, shoes, clothes, car upholstery and furniture.
The Smit & zoon headquarters is located in Weesp, connected to one of our factories.
We also have offices in Amersfoort, Germany, Italy, China and India. Supported by an extensive network of agents, we service our customers all over the world with our products and technical support.
Smit & zoon has over 350 employees worldwide. They are all professionals with a passion who deliver sustainable top performances to our customers on a day to day basis.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and are you interested in working for Smit & zoon? Send your resume and motivation letter to Chantal Leendertse, Talent Advisor, via the application button.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
Keywords: Project management, development, teamleader, r&d, chemistry, chemical engineering, sustainable products, Utrecht, Amersfoort, fulltime, coating, emulsion, colloid, polymer