Tetra Pak is the world’s leading food processing and packaging solutions company. Working closely with our customers and suppliers, we provide safe, innovative and environmentally sound products that each day meet the needs of hundreds of millions of people in more than 170 countries around the world. With over 23,000 employees based in over 85 countries, we believe in responsible industry leadership and a sustainable approach to business. Our motto, “PROTECTS WHAT’S GOOD™,” reflects our vision to make food safe and available, everywhere.
More information about Tetra Pak is available at www.tetrapak.com
Our competent and innovative team is experiencing a continuous growth, therefore we are now looking for an experienced
Manager – Dryer Technology Experts
based in Herenveen, The Netherlands.
- Ensure there is a global supply of competitive dryer components by supporting Global Supply Management with technical validation of suppliers and their products
- Drive the timely resolution of issues with customers related to dryer equipment non-performance in all phases of Product life cycle including installation, commissioning and post-performance validation. Participate in the Product Quality Review Meeting (PQR) taking ownership of all dryer related issues
- Create, update and release standard specifications for dryer components, modules and sub-assemblies, ensuring the maximum level of standardisation for the assigned products and regional compliance with regulatory authorities and customer standards. Ensure availability of designs in Vault (note the Vault system and compliance therewith will be the responsibility of the Dryer Engineering and Operations Manager or their appropriate delegate within the team)
- Complete design checks for OFCE projects signing off on detailed design and high-risk components
- Participate in the review team
- Train OFCE teams globally in the design of dryers and appropriate selection of components, modules and sub-assemblies. Provide expert technical support where required
- Take initiatives to reduce costs of the components, modules and sub-assemblies where possible
- Initiate, support and execute of Product Improvement Activities
- Collect, maintain and improve the Product Performance data for the assigned products (Product Performance Database)
- Release of all Performance Guarantees for the assigned products i.e. components, modules and sub-assemblies e.g. discharge level of fines from a cyclone of bag-house, main air heater emissions and efficiency
- Drive claim handling in accordance with Tetra Pak Quality and Technical Issue Management Methodology (QTIM)
- Contribute to the Development of Sales Promotion Material based on Customer Values, Performance and ROI Data
- Create Tools and Guidelines to design the products
- Create Technical Sales & Services (TS&S) products
- Execute customer visits to support the BU HUBs and MC’s to collect and discover technical/commercial improvements for the assigned product and to support the project teams and our Customers with commissioning and performance validation and problem solving in the field as required
- Responsible for the tasks mentioned above.
- Ultimate responsible for all PLC activities concerning the assigned product including Issue Resolution.
- Responsible for keeping updated on the latest technologies within the area of the assigned product
- A Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or Food Technology/Science is required
- Deep knowledge of spray drying processes is preferred
- Adaptable management style that can cope with the changing E&D market
- Working knowledge of dairy factories and design requirements for dryer technology processes
- Ability to interpret dairy processing market trends into future technology
- Hands on leadership experience of dairy powder ingredient manufacturing is preferred
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Strong English language skills is required, other languages like Dutch, French, Italian, German is preferred
What we offer:
Interested to join in our team?
If you want to spend your commitment and your drive to make a serious difference in a leading international player, please send your application as soon as possible via our website www.tetrapak.com/career. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. For more information please visit our website, tetrapak.com.
Match criteria: Production, Trade, ICT, Quality Assurance, Chemical engineering, Process Management, Analyst chemistry, Product management, 40 hours, Prov. Friesland, English, Non
Company name: Stepstone NL