We enhance cleaner mobility, optimize the use of resources and improve air and water quality. A global challenge in which demand planning plays a crucial role. We need you to coordinate, analyze and plan our forecasting cycle.
On-going forecasting: coordinate, report and manage
As a Demand Manager, you’re in for quite a challenging job: you’ll be responsible for coordinating forecasting cycle processes and continuously improving our forecasting techniques, methods and approaches worldwide. You’ll be establishing and utilizing best methods in creating forecasts, running statistical forecast, and assembling and analyzing all data pertinent to create the sales forecast.
You’ll deliver outstanding experiences by:
- Working closely with Commercial for life cycles and with NAFTA Demand Planning for the dynamics of markets and how they affect the forecasts in NAFTA.
- Coordinating demand review meetings, for which you collect risks and opportunities, collaborate with key stakeholders and prepare presentations.
- Supporting S&OP by providing relevant information on demand plan constraints.
- Recommending adjustments to forecast and inventory targets, based on changes in demand and market trends.
- Conducting current and future forecasting analysis, and generating accuracy reports on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Performing key system duties for DynaSys, including supporting the budget, leading the workflow and contributing to the development of it.
Do you have the ambition to reshape our industry?
We encourage an entrepreneurial spirit and high performance. At Solvay, you’re a catalyst for change, inspired by fresh thinking and teamwork. We’d like you to demonstrate strong communication and team building skills. You’re able to lead cross-functionally and resolve long and short positions in inventory. You are naturally detail-oriented and accurate, and know how to get things done. In addition, you have good working knowledge of KPI metrics, turns, margin contributions, and Windows and Microsoft Office.
Our ideal manager:
- holds a college degree in preferably business, engineering or related field;
- has 3-5 years’ experience in supply chain and knowledge of demand planning processes and management;
- is familiar with SAP/PF1, WBP, MRP, DynaSys and/or other planning tools;
- masters spreadsheet analysis and statistical concepts;
- has knowledge of forecasting tools, sales forecasting processes, marketing operations, finance, manufacturing and supply chain issues.
Your career at Solvay
We offer you a multinational environment and great career opportunities. After all, we believe our employees are the ones who ensure our sustainable growth through their skills and talents. We value our teams: the quality of the people, their commitment and their passion for innovation.
Solvay is present across the globe: this ensures mobility opportunities and multicultural changes. A great way to accelerate your career.
How do we help you to achieve your ambition?
- Talent days: a combination of learning, personal contact and networking
- Investment in training & individual development
- Our Solvay Corporate University: enhancing talent and skills
- A competitive salary & good benefits and perks
Join a leader in the chemical industry
Can you coordinate and manage our forecasting processes, and do you benefit from a broad skill set to achieve organizational and personal success? Join us and apply by using the link below. We’d like to get to know you.
For more information about this job, please contact Mar Castello (Talent Acquisition Specialist Benelux) via +32 2264 3218.
Apply by using the ‘Apply’ button.
Asking more from chemistry: meet Solvay
Solvay is a multi-specialty chemical company, committed to developing chemistry that addresses key societal challenges. We innovate and partner with customers in diverse global end markets. We’re proud our products and solutions are used in planes, cars, smart and medical devices and batteries, promoting sustainability. Headquartered in Brussels, we have more than 27,000 employees working in 58 countries. We invent, market and engineer solutions by empowering people to explore what chemistry can do for a sustainable world.
Agency calls are not appreciated.
Keywords: Vacancy, Full-time, Brussel, Demand Manager, Supply Chain Specialist, Forecast Specialist, Demand Planning.