The role holder will contribute to the performance of the hotel by facilitating the day-to-day operations of the Accounting staff, ensuring that highly productive and well-trained staff is always maintained. The Chief Accountant ensures the accuracy, consistency, and timeliness of the financial reporting and Accounting functions while providing information and assistance to the Director of Finance. He/she is also responsible for focusing on the profitability of the business, maintaining accurate and timely financial reporting, ensuring acceptable levels on internal control, ensuring compliance with all local regulations, and safeguarding owners/investors assets.
It is not the intent of this Job Description to cover all aspects of the position but to highlight the most important areas of responsibility.
- Effectively manage and communicate cash flow related issues. This includes the accurate and timely preparation of cash flow statements, management of receivables, payables, cash balances, control mechanisms and timely deposits of all funds.
- Monitor hotel revenues and expenses and ensure the accurate recording in accordance with hotel’s established guidelines. Investigate and critique variances to budget or to prior year and offer practical improvement methodologies to management.
- Monitor the capital planning process by assisting management with the calculation of return on capital improvements, gathering support and monitoring the bid process, and ensuring proper upkeep of the property by evaluating scope of work and specifications.
- Ensure hotels’ compliance on all regulatory licenses and permits, leases, contracts, legal agreements, and the proper execution of all operational taxes. Provide assistance to management in enforcing compliance on all these items.
- Analysis financial data and operations in order to assist and advise management in maintaining the hotels’ financial objectives.
- Ensure that all balance sheet accounts, including bank reconciliation’s are reconciled on a timely basis.
- Establish and continually audit all internal financial controls including purchasing, cash handling, disbursements, inventories, hotel assets, master keys, payroll, and employee records.
- Assist the Director of Finance with all Accounting related items.
- Continually focus on training and development programs for the Accounting associates to cultivate the “brightest” and “best” talent within the industry.
- Hire, train, supervise and develop staff, including coaching, counselling and discipline.
- Maintain compliance with Wyndham’ standards and regulations to ensure safe and efficient operation of the hotel.
- Ensure the proper utilization, maintenance and periodic upgrades of all equipment.
- Assist in preparation all financial reports in accordance with Wyndham’s requirements meeting various due dates and deadlines, i.e.
- Conduct and/or attend and contribute to periodic meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among employees and promote maximum morale, productivity, and efficiency.
- Monitor hotels’ compliance in meeting required report deadlines and due dates and react accordingly.
- Monitor the accurate production of the hotel daily operating report
- Maintaining a business environment based on the Code of Conduct and Company Vision
- Maintain and enhance the open door policy to all associates providing advice and guidance when needed in regards to their issues or concerns and/or grievances
- Responsible for People leadership of direct reports (and their teams) (recruitment and selection, performance management (Appraisal/PDP), associate development and motivation, counselling / disciplinary issues.
- Conduct regular coaching sessions/1:1s with direct reports
- Ensure that the hotels are fully compliant with Wyndham people processes and deadlines that govern all Wyndham properties. E.g. AES, Success Matters, Probation reviews etc.
- Ensure that the administration of the probation review process in the operational departments and ensure that follow-up for all issues is done in timely manner and results of both follow-up and the initial reviews are communicated to all relevant parties
- Talent Reviews taken place as per the communicated timeline and are live in the business
- Ensure 100% compliance with all mandatory training for departments; as well as the Departmental Trainers are positively encouraged
- Control the LTO, Absence and Payroll in Finance, Purchasing and F&B Cost controller department in conjunction with the HR Leader on property to ensure that any areas of concern and monitored and rectified to meet the HR BSC Targets.
- Manage the AES process Finance, Purchasing and F&B Cost controller and ensure that the follow up meetings are done and the associates have timely feedback.
- Conduct interviews for relevant roles in conjunction with HR
- Review manning and re-recruitment of all positions in conjunction with HR
- Ensure that you dine in the Associate restaurant at least three times a week and provide HR Leader on property feedback
- Support WYNcom with quarterly People, Community and Sustainability engagement events
- To conduct or chair regular communication meetings with team(s) and actively participate in relevant business meetings to facilitate effective communication.
- Conducted documented 121’s with all direct reports
- Share all relevant information with GM & HR in 121’s
- Attend Executive Com Meetings
- Attend Business Review Meeting
- Quarterly Hotel Meeting
- Plan and track departmental budget
- Plan and track departmental holidays and lieu days as per the needs of the business
- Review with the Finance Leader/HR Leader the payroll figures and challenge the HOD’s with regards to over spending and casual usage
- Ensure that the payroll is submitted to HR on the agreed date
- Building Talent: Attracting, developing, and retaining talented individuals
- Business Acumen: Understand and utilise economic, financial & industry data to accurately diagnose business strengths and weaknesses Identify key issues, develop strategies and plans
- Communication:Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of tools to others understand and retain the messages
- Driving Results:Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment.Using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goal attainment
- Innovation: Generating innovative solutions in work situations. Trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities
- Leadership Effectiveness: Conveying an image that is consistent with the organization values. Demonstrating the qualities. Ability to manage a team Self-motivated, reliable and willing to work flexible hours.
Alongside these key competencies, the incumbent of the role will be required to demonstrate the fundamentals of the company’s Count on Me! service culture to be responsive, respectful and deliver a great experience.
Experience & education
- A minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in a similar capacity at any 5 star international hotel.
- Preferably experience in a branded international hotel chain
- Fluent in English
- CHAE, ACCA, CIMA preferred
- University Bachelor Degree preferably in Accounting & Finance, or Commerce
Match criteria: Hospitality, Accounting, Controller, Treasury, 40 hours, Outside the Netherlands, Non
Company name: Stepstone NL –