Online Marketing Officer at the School of Business and Economics, Maastricht University (0,80 fte)
The faculty School of Business and Economics (SBE) of Maastricht University is looking for an Online Marketing Officer.
Maastricht University is renowned for its unique, innovative, problem-based learning system, which is characterized by a small-scale and student-oriented approach. Research at UM is characterized by a multidisciplinary and thematic approach, and is concentrated in research institutes and schools. Maastricht University has around 16,300 students and 4,300 employees. Reflecting the university’s strong international profile, a fair amount of both students and staff are from abroad. The university hosts 6 faculties: Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences, Faculty of Law, School of Business and Economics, Faculty of Humanities and Sciences, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Faculty of Psychology and Neuroscience.
School of Business and Economics
The Maastricht University School of Business and Economics offers you a truly international perspective. We are an integrated, synergetic and society-oriented institute, focusing on conducting excellent research and educational innovation. Our renowned Problem Based Learning method fosters authentic students, critical thinkers and gives rise to societal conscious leaders. Our multidisciplinary approach inspires us to explore, in fundamental as well as in more applied research. As such we function as the interface between Society, Business and Academia. We work collaboratively, in openness, towards a sustainable future. We are driven to share responsibility with all those involved in the SBE community. We inspire you to be an interdisciplinary and engaged professional.
UMIO is the professional development branch of Maastricht University (UM). It’s home is the School of Business and Economics (SBE), but its programmes and projects connect professional postgraduate initiatives across UM faculties to address the multidisciplinary challenges that many professionals and organisations face. UMIO’s high quality learning trajectories help participants probe for effective approaches in a complex landscape, implement changes that are future-proof, co-create with different people and connect to a variety of networks. This creates a learning environment for personal growth that actively challenges participants to get and stay ahead. For more information on our programmes and projects please see http://www.umio.nl.
UMIO was launched only recently – in October 2017 – by Maastricht University School of Business and Economics. Together with SBE’s Marketing & Communications team, the Editor will thus play an important role in improving brand awareness and taking the next steps in creating a successful branch for professional development.
In a world where marketing and communication (M&C) is mainly driven by digital media channels (web, social, SEO, vlogs, etc.), organisations increasingly invest on improving their online promotion and visibility. The Online Marketing Officer reports to the Marketing Manager and performs operational, analytical and advisory tasks across UMIO with the aim of optimising branding and recruitment via online channels. He/she supports the implementation of a proactive online marketing policy with the aim of meeting UMIO’s objectives in terms of brand exposure, effectiveness of communication, and relationship management. In doing so, he/she continually looks for synergies between communications on the levels of research, education and professional development.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Ensuring the adoption of an UMIO online M&C strategy;
- Supporting and implementing, on the basis of the abovementioned strategy, an online marketing policy within the framework of UMIO’s marketing policy;
- Advising UMIO on the use of online marketing for recruitment and branding purposes;
- Implementing M&C campaigns, in close consultation with the UMIO Marketing & Communication team;
- Evaluating ongoing campaigns and related resources/channels both qualitatively and quantitatively and advising on their optimisation on the basis of outcome measurements and information provided by colleagues;
- Managing, evaluating and supporting the proper use of UMIO’s online resources, such as website, CRM, newsletters and social media;
- Assisting UMIO and its marketing team with digital content creation, such as brochures, flyers, videos and other online media;
- Collaborating with SBE staff working on online marketing to create mutual learning opportunities and further improve the collaboration mode;
- Keeping abreast of and sharing information about relevant market developments in the areas of recruitment, study programmes and new media with a view to continually improving the competitiveness of UMIO.
- completed a bachelor (HBO/WO) in communications, digital media or any related field;
- has at least 2-3 years of work experience in related positions;
- has a natural curiosity for and affinity with information technology and design;
- has excellent communication skills (writing/speaking) in English and Dutch;
- has strong analytical skills, is very organised and keen to detail;
- has the ability to explain marketing related technical procedures to non-technical people;
- is a computer literate with a strong working knowledge of MS Office as well as marketing related software such as WordPress (CMS) and Campaign Monitor (e- campaigning software), and preferably also graphic design and web-editing applications, such as Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop;
- is familiar and highly experienced with the effective design and use of modern communication channels, such as:
- Ability to set up and manage webpages including underlying infrastructures
- Ability to set up and manage emailing programmes and structures
- Ability to manage and maintain the CRM system
- Ability to visually create and edit brochures on layout and design
- Ability to set up and manage blogging and vlogging environments
- Ability to manage the design of social media channels
- Ability to continually analyse, suggest on and improve the use of the above
Terms of employment
Employment conditions are based on the Collective Labor Agreement of Dutch Universities. We offer a part-time position for a period of 1 year, with possibility of extension or a permanent contract. The gross monthly salary is based on experience and qualifications, and ranges from a minimum of € 2.465,- to a maximum of € 3.292,- on a full time basis.
The conditions of employment of Maastricht University are set out in the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO). Furthermore, local UM provisions also apply. For more information, please check the website http://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl > Support > UM employees.
Dienstverband: Temporary, 1 year with the possibility of extension or permanent
Please apply by submitting a full CV and cover letter and refer to vacancy number AT2017.291. Applications can be sent to email@example.com. Further information on the vacancy can be obtained from drs. R. Jacobs via firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications need to be send in before March 8, 2018.