Job in Utrecht. We are currently seeking a Senior System Engineer for our client – an international, innovative and growing ICT services company with offices in Utrecht.
The Senior System Engineer will build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our client’s rapidly expanding infrastructure. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
Your tasks will involve the daily operations in terms of System Engineering, 2nd and 3rd line support, solving of incidents, troubleshooting and customer support. The ideal candidate is proactive, has excellent communication skills and already has extensive System Engineering experience having worked in enterprise and/or hosting environments.
This role works independently and as a team member on tasks, developments and projects.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Participate in the design and implementation of operational systems.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
What do they offer:
- a competitive basic salary
- a performance bonus
- a company car
- continuing education program
- personal expense benefit
- pension scheme
- 5 minimum related years of experience
- VMware Certified Professional Certification (version 5 or 6)
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows Server based environments
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Basic scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, PowerShell, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Basic networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Experience with ITIL processes
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant professional certifications
- Studying towards or upgrading to MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure Certification
- Moderate networking and IT security knowledge
- Experience with ISAE3402 or other IT compliancy
Expanding, service and quality minded, fast paced and informal
Match criteria: ICT, Information Technology (ICT), Job, Systems Engineering (Technical), > 4000 Euro, 40 hours, Bachelor, Master, 5-7 years, 10 years, More than 10 years, Prov. Utrecht, English, Consultant, Non
Company name: Adams Multilingual Recruitment